I am an ENT surgeon with a special interest in head and neck cancer. The following is some background information about me.
• Dual qualifications in dentistry and medicine and post graduate qualification in oral and Maxillofacial surgery and ENT.
• Consultant ENT and head and neck specialist at Luton & Dunstable NHS Foundation Trust.
• Lead for head & neck cancer surgery for Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire cancer network (formally Mount Vernon Cancer network).
• Trained in London, including Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital.
• Specialist training for cancer surgery from various units in London, Holland and India.
• Lecture on a number of national training courses.
• Published articles in a number of international journals and presented papers at many national and international meetings.
• Educational supervisor for higher surgical trainees in ENT.
• On the Board of examiners for the FRCS ENT exam conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons.
• Examiner for post graduate exams conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons.
• Previous Clinical Director for the department of Ear, nose and throat surgery at Luton & Dunstable Hospital.
• Private consultations offered in Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
I am a caring individual and treat all my patients with respect and without prejudice. I have received a number of testimonials from patients thanking me for the caring and proficient service they have received. I provide a comprehensive service for all paediatric and adult ENT conditions. My special interests are head and neck cancer, thyroid surgery and salivary gland disease. My dual training in dentistry and ENT, gives me a unique advantage in understanding and dealing with problems related to mouth and face. I also have an interest in the treatment of swallowing disorders. I work closely with a speech therapist and dieticians to provide a fully comprehensive solution for this problem.
My other clinical interests are the treatment of snoring and sleep apnoea and I work with consultants from other specialities to provide a truly multi-disciplinary team approach for treatment.
Please visit my website for further information about the service I provide: http://www.throatnoseearsurgeon.com/
Pauline Costello 07754428429
• Ear, nose and throat
• Head and neck cancer surgery
• Paediatric otolaryngology
• Swallowing disorders
• Parathyroid disease
• Voice disorders
• Thyroid surgery